Are Electric Scooters Legal in Arkansas?
In Arkansas, electric scooters are defined as devices that:
- Weighs less than one hundred pounds (100 lbs);
- Has two (2) or three (3) wheels;
- Has a handlebar and a floorboard that can be used to stand on while riding;
- Is powered by an electric motor;
- Has a maximum speed of twenty miles per hour
Operators must be at least 16 years old, and that the scooters not be allowed to move at a speed above 15 mph.
All remaining regulations regarding the safe operation of electric motorized scooters and presence of electric motorized scooters on public property are left up to local authorities.