The Ultimate Guide to Storing Electric Scooters
As electric scooters continue to gain popularity as an eco-friendly and convenient transportation option, finding the best way to store them while ensuring their longevity and safety becomes more important. Here's our ultimate guide to storing electric scooters.
1. Fold and Lock: Most electric scooters come with a folding mechanism that makes it easy to fold and store them in smaller spaces. Ensure that you lock the folding mechanism to keep the scooter secure and stable when not in use.
1. Storage Location: Find a suitable storage area that is dry and out of direct sunlight. Keep the electric scooter away from heat sources or extreme temperatures, which could damage the battery and other sensitive components. Ideally, the storage location should be indoors or in a garage to shield the scooter from the elements and potential theft.
1. Battery Care: Choose a storage place with a stable temperature, as extreme cold or heat can damage the battery. Additionally, make sure you unplug the battery from the charger as soon as it's fully charged to prevent overcharging. Before storing the scooter for an extended duration, charge the battery to about 50-70%, as this has been recommended for optimal lithium-ion battery storage.
1. Clean and Inspect: Before storing your electric scooter, give it a thorough cleaning to remove dirt and debris. Check for any loose or damaged parts and address them accordingly to avoid complications when you're ready to use it again.
1. Cover: If you don't have a designated indoor storage space, consider investing in a high-quality, waterproof cover. A cover will protect your scooter from dust, dirt, and moisture, prolonging its lifespan.
1. Wall Mounts or Stands: If you're short on floor space, consider using wall-mounted storage systems or stands to keep your electric scooter off the ground. There are various options available that cater to different scooter models and personal preferences.
1. Follow Manufacturer Guidelines: Always consult the user manual or manufacturer guidelines for specific storage recommendations, as different electric scooter models may have different requirements.
By following these tips for storing your electric scooter, you can extend its life and ensure it remains in optimal condition, ready for your next adventure on the road.