top of page

Use code SCNEWCUST15 for 15% off ALL scooters through month-end.  Redeem here

Is Your Hoveround Mobility Scooter Covered by Medicare? Unveiling the Facts

When it comes to regaining your freedom and independence, electric mobility scooters can play a pivotal role. Among various brands, Hoveround has established a reputation for offering quality personal mobility solutions. However, many potential and current owners of these devices are left pondering: is Hoveround covered by Medicare?

The short answer is yes, Medicare Part B may cover certain types of durable medical equipment (DME), which can include mobility scooters like Hoveround, under specific conditions. To qualify for coverage, your doctor and the supplier must be enrolled in Medicare, and they must also declare the scooter as a medical necessity in your home.

If you meet the requisite criteria, Medicare Part B will cover 80% of the Medicare-approved amount, post you meet your deductible. You will be responsible for the remaining 20%. It is crucial to ensure that all the paperwork is accurate and fully completed to maximize the chances of Medicare covering your Hoveround scooter.

It's worth noting that there could be variations in coverages based on whether Medicare considers the mobility scooter a necessity versus a convenience. Medicare only covers equipment that is deemed medically essential for use in your home. Hence, a thorough assessment by a healthcare provider is necessary to determine the extent of your mobility limitations and the need for a mobility scooter.

Before making any decisions, it's advisable to contact your Medicare provider directly, or consult with Hoveround's customer service, to clarify the specifics related to your coverage and any updates on policy changes that might affect your eligibility.

With proper guidance and understanding of the requirements, you can navigate through the process of obtaining a Hoveround scooter with confidence, knowing that some or all of your expenses might be mitigated through Medicare coverage. Remember that although the process can seem daunting, the benefit of improved mobility and enhanced quality of life is invaluable.

Lastly, ensure you are getting your Hoveround from an authorized supplier to avoid any issues with insurance claims. Keeping all these points in mind will help you on the path to gaining the mobility assistance you need, potentially with the support of Medicare.

Levy Electric Scooter Icons

Start a Fleet

Start a rental fleet with Levy

Levy Electric Scooter Icons


Wholesale Levy scooters at your online store or shop

Levy Electric Scooter Icons

Retail Partners

Wholesale Levy scooters at your 
online store or shop

Levy Electric Scooter Icons

Tag us

Follow and tag us on social!

Brand Ambassador

Earn money for referring friends and growing the network

Service Guides

DIY repair tools, videos, and more


Interested in working at Levy?


Invest in the Levy Network

Levy Locations

Find our rental, repair, and store locations

The Levy App

Download the Levy app to find scooters closest to you


Technical specs for all of our scooters


The Levy swappable battery system

Spare Parts

Every spare part you need for your scooter


Choose the Levy scooter that suits you best


Learn more about electric scooter tires


Bags, phone holders, helmets and more

Levy Electric Scooter Icon

The everyday electric scooter, perfect for the daily commute.

Levy Electric Scooter Fleets Icon

Start a rental fleet with Levy scooters and software

Levy Plus Electric Scooter Icon

Our high-end, long range cruiser with double the range of the Levy.

Support Center

FAQs, how-to videos, and quick start guides

Shipping App

Discounted shipping labels for moving your scooter (or any package).

Range Calculator

Estimate real-world range for any scooter

Electric Scooter Laws

Electric scooter laws by state & city


Subscribe to a scooter for $70/month

Shop Locator

Find a location to test ride or bring your Levy in to get repaired


Get in touch with our team

Quick-start guide

Get started with your Levy

Returns & Warranty

Every spare part you need for your scooter

Shipping Policy

Shipping Policy US and International

bottom of page