top of page

Use code SCNEWCUST15 for 15% off ALL scooters through month-end.  Redeem here

Your Guide to Acquiring a Medicare Electric Scooter

Navigating the world of medical aids can be challenging, especially when it involves understanding how to acquire a Medicare electric scooter. But worry not – acquiring an electric scooter through Medicare is a process that can be relatively quick and simple if you follow the right steps.

First and foremost, it's crucial to determine your eligibility. Medicare Part B covers power-operated vehicles (POVs) such as electric scooters, provided that they're medically necessary due to a documented condition that impairs your mobility. To start, you’ll need a face-to-face examination with a Medicare-approved physician. This physician will evaluate your mobility limitations and determine whether an electric scooter is appropriate for your needs.

Once your need is established, the doctor will write a detailed prescription that must include:

  • The reason a scooter is necessary for your daily activities within the home.
  • Confirmation that you have the physical and mental capability to operate the scooter.
  • Confirmation that you can safely transfer to and from the scooter.
  • Testimony that you can successfully operate the scooter in your home environment.

With the prescription in hand, you'll approach a Medicare-approved supplier. The supplier must participate in the Medicare program and accept assignment, meaning they agree to accept the Medicare-approved amount as full payment. You may need to pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount, with Medicare covering the remaining 80%, after you've met the Part B deductible. You can find a list of Medicare-approved suppliers on the Medicare website or by calling the Medicare hotline.

Furthermore, be aware that not all electric scooters will be covered. Medicare has specific requirements for the size, features, and capabilities of the covered devices. When selecting a scooter, ensure it meets these Medicare standards to qualify for coverage.

Remember that an essential part of SEO is to ensure that your content uses relevant keywords effectively throughout the article. Use terms like 'Medicare electric scooter,' 'Medicare Part B coverage,' 'Medicare-approved physician,' and 'Medicare-approved suppliers,' which are all significant to potential search queries.

By following these steps, you'll be on your way to getting the mobility assistance you need. For more information on the process, or to explore a range of Medicare-approved electric scooters, visit our website.

Levy Electric Scooter Icons

Start a Fleet

Start a rental fleet with Levy
scooters

Levy Electric Scooter Icons

Blog

Wholesale Levy scooters at your online store or shop

Levy Electric Scooter Icons

Retail Partners

Wholesale Levy scooters at your 
online store or shop

Levy Electric Scooter Icons

Tag us

Follow and tag us on social!

Brand Ambassador

Earn money for referring friends and growing the network

Service Guides

DIY repair tools, videos, and more

Careers

Interested in working at Levy?

Investors

Invest in the Levy Network

Levy Locations

Find our rental, repair, and store locations

The Levy App

Download the Levy app to find scooters closest to you

Specs

Technical specs for all of our scooters

Batteries

The Levy swappable battery system

Spare Parts

Every spare part you need for your scooter

Compare

Choose the Levy scooter that suits you best

Tires

Learn more about electric scooter tires

Accessories

Bags, phone holders, helmets and more

Levy Electric Scooter Icon

The everyday electric scooter, perfect for the daily commute.

Levy Electric Scooter Fleets Icon

Start a rental fleet with Levy scooters and software

Levy Plus Electric Scooter Icon

Our high-end, long range cruiser with double the range of the Levy.

Support Center

FAQs, how-to videos, and quick start guides

Shipping App

Discounted shipping labels for moving your scooter (or any package).

Range Calculator

Estimate real-world range for any scooter

Electric Scooter Laws

Electric scooter laws by state & city

Subscriptions

Subscribe to a scooter for $70/month

Shop Locator

Find a location to test ride or bring your Levy in to get repaired

Contact

Get in touch with our team

Quick-start guide

Get started with your Levy

Returns & Warranty

Every spare part you need for your scooter

Shipping Policy

Shipping Policy US and International

bottom of page